Tuesday, January 1, 2013

To Do So I Don't Have To Do

My 1/1/13 is starting off great!  I walked 2 miles this morning, cooked a big breakfast for everyone in my little family, plus we had a relative here to eat yummy Kentucky breakfast foods with us:  smoked sausage, eggs from our own chickens, and whole wheat toast.  Yum!  I threw the sausage grease away, and thought, "what a waste!"  I'm such a Kentucky-cooker!  I would have liked some good gravy, you see.  I just didn't want the extra fat and calories on 1/1/13.  Maybe tomorrow.  But not on the first day of the New Year, see.  HA!  After breakfast, I pre-cooked some ground turkey and 3 chicken breasts for meals this week, and am getting ready to fill out my January menu planner!  Why all this?  So that I don't have as much TO DO in January.  If you are a busy woman, like every other woman I know, consider a menu planner.  It saves me probably an hour (no, 2, in reality) a day that I get to spend w/ the kids (homework, baths, books, sitting w/ them folding laundry while they watch a tv show, and not as often as I should:  playing with them).  The only thing I have not done today that I will do before I leave for work in 45 minutes:  READ THE BIBLE.  I'm in Leviticus (reading through, slowly, I'll confess).  I have found that to be The Only Book I can read that doesn't cause me vexation.  This coming from someone whose favorite passtime is reading, too.  It's been hard to sit books down since last June, but it has also been very liberating.  Let me explain:  I tended to read self-help, parenting, marriage, healthy living, child psychology type of books...all things that make me want to try this or that, wonder why I didn't already think to do that, think about others who do x,y,z so naturally and effectively. 

Speaking of....HAPPY NEW YEAR and here's to being myself, and you being yourself, and being thankful for our differences!  Afterall we have the same Creator!  I was sleeping soundly at 10 p.m. last night.  My little boy has been sick with a cold that developed into croup and laryngitis since last Thursday, so we were sleeping and snuggled close as the ball dropped!  (And I admittedly love sleeping with the kids when they're sick, though I wished he was well). 

I have a great feeling about this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment