Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed

The culmination of lots of mileage on my wheels since November has ended in a sloppy mess in my house and head.  And it's hard to remember peace.  And it's harder to remember that really, I do have peace...that all the "stuff" shows that we have way more than we need (or want). 

I call these things my 2nd world problems:  the mess I refer to, how to stage the cutest Christmas card photo, how to organize the kids' toys, what to part with to make way for new toys, and when to take down the pre-lit, frosted tree.  2nd world problems embarrass me most when I let them ruin my peace.  Anybody else out there have the same problem?  I know the answer.  We're all more alike than we are different.  Some of us are just a little more OCD than others.

On another note, we received word that our migrant workers made it safe and sound to Nayarit!  After days of driving, I KNOW they were glad to get out of a 2-seater and stretch 3 sets of legs.  Bless them.  Shawn is finishing the tobacco on his own now, and should be done any day.  He's also working on the farm business', farm store's, and our personal taxes.  Plus, he's still working occasionally at the accounting firm, much to his chagrin, as he feels the farm always calls him away (not to his chagrin).  The farm store is closing up for the cold winter months, and we are going to have family staying with us at the end of the week (for 7-10 days).  I'll be found working my pt job, and working off 10 lbs on our old trusty treadmill.  For the second time, I'll be attempting to do so without using Weight Watchers (attempt one didn't go well).  I prefer a structured plan but with freedom to eat real stuff (I cook a lot, remember I married a farm-raised farm-boy), so I hope I can do this sans Weight Watchers (Phil 4:13).  I plan to report every 2 weeks!  I've been a big ME fan for over a decade.  The picture pretty much sums up the feeling I long for after all the mileage since November!  I need a breath of fresh air.....to realize I'm much too blessed to be stressed.  Forgive me, Lord, I always forget.


  





   

No comments:

Post a Comment