Sunday, January 27, 2013

Digging Out

Ever feel like this?



I saw this picture and thought it pretty much sums up how I have felt the last 6 months!  On that note, let's get serious for a few minutes!

You ever feel like you're down in a pit?  I've just climbed out of one and I will admit:  I am standing but my knees are wobbly weak!  The worst part is, it's one I jumped into!  I have mud-caked-nails from clawing out of that place but NOW I STAND, and each minute I'm standing firmer than the last.  Ephesians 6:13 says it best... 

For this reason, take up the whole armor of God so that you may be able to take a stand whenever evil comes. And when you have done everything you could, you will be able to stand firm.

This scripture reminds me of all the times in the past when Christ has taken me from defeat to victory.  Of all the times I've given up, lifted up my chin, and seen HIM.  My precious DELIVERER.

But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:14 NKJV

I would like to suggest two books to anyone who is a pit-dweller.  Both are books I've read/studies I've been part of over the last 3 years and the truths in them have stuck with me. 


I have a copy of the last if anybody wants to borrow it (I'm happy to mail it)!  The first is a workbook - the study is DVD driven and is worth every minute of homework.  My church library has a copy so odds are, a church near you does too!  God doesn't want us to live in defeat so if you can relate, lift up your chin.  He's waiting to do what He does best:  deliver you, too.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment