Thursday, January 17, 2013

Foody that goes to my booty

Crockpot Hot Fudge Cake

1 box of chocolate cake mix (I will try brownies next time!)
Make and bake according to pkg directions except sub apple sauce for oil (part for part)

*With chocolate cake, you do not notice the apple sauce at all.  I've tried to do this with yellow or white cake, and it wasn't as good though.  I guess the choc flavor is stronger.  Seriously, nobody could tell, and it was tested on 7 women who all seemed to be shameless chocoholics.

After the cake is baked, tear it apart into chunks.  For some reason, my cake was finished a few minutes earlier than the box said.  Maybe because I used apple sauce?  So watch your cake, peeps.  When it's all done and torn into yummy chocolatey cakey chunks, put it in the crock pot.  About an hour before you serve it, turn the crockpot on low.  Make homemade fudge sauce on the stove top and keep it warm.  When I fixed this recently, my mom was visiting and made the sauce for me without following a recipe.  Google or check out allrecipes.com.  You will drizzle the fudge sauce over the cake right before eating it, which is why I say make ahead and keep on low!  Yummo.  Sorry this is disjointed.  When I write about chocolate, I get kind of spastic.   Next:  add marshmallows to the cake in the crockpot maybe 30 minutes before serving...maybe an hour out.  IDK.  I made this up as I went.  Where I goofed:  I ended up putting the 'mallows in way too early then I added the fudge sauce (which was hot) to the crockpot.  It proceeded to melt the 'mallows totally, which made it not as pretty and gooey.  So I decided next time, this is how I'll do it...put 'mallows in crock 30-45 mins out so they get melty and gooey, and instead of adding sauce to the crock, pour it 'on' the dessert once it's been scooped out of the crock.  Minor details:  I used mini 'mallows whereas next time, I'll use the big ones maybe.  I'll also add choc chunks next time. Oh yes I will.  And I'll run in place while I'm making it.  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

There you go...you now have an easy peasy dessert, with very few ingreds!

The only other thing I would add is, if you can afford the good choc, go for it.  I don't normally either but I can dream!  Creamy choc as opposed to dry choc=worth it.  I'm thinking ghirardelli good.


Next up...Tortilla Soup that "point blank rocks." 


No comments:

Post a Comment