Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Noah's 15 month check up...by Dr. Grace and Dr. Dodds

Noah John's 15 mo checkup went well~except I forgot to ask Dr. Dodds a question about his 1 yr labs coming back a little low.  I called and left a message for her about it.  Apparently his blood count was slightly low, but that is normal for breast fed babes at 1 yr.  I want to have him re-checked.  Anyway, Noah's Stats are:  He weighs exactly 23 lbs and is 31.5 inches long.  (50th percentile in both)  He slowed down a whole lot, considering he weighed 18 lbs at 3.5 months.  He was, well, BIG.  I am happy with the slowdown...if he had stayed on that curve, he'd be a big ole' boy!!!  haha!!!  He is on target developmentally.  His words include momma, daddy, Grace, Sissy, juice, Na Na (Shawn's mom), Nonna (my mom), book, bye, woof (barks like a dog, lol), Poppa (my dad), cracker, and pumpkin, believe it or not.  We have lots of pumpkins at our farm store :).  As far as walking/running goes, he is awfully clumsy though.  He falls constantly, poor thing, and has bruises, literally every few days.  I feel so bad for him.  He rides a toy tractor on our hardwood like a racecar driver though.  You wouldn't believe how fast he can zip up the hall and turn into a bedroom.  I hadn't thought a whole lot of it until a friend came over who has a child a few months over.  She was astounded at his "tractor driving skills."  :)  Noah waves and shakes his head "no" if he doesn't want something.  He leans in to give kisses and right now, there isn't anything sweeter in my world.  He and Grace play together pretty well overall, considering he's still so little.  They have begun to fuss over toys but I can usually persuade Grace that he'll give up the toy in a few seconds.  He has developed a keen interest in books (one imparticular, a Baby Einstein book of household items) and his favorite thing to do with a book is sit down by our little bookshelf and "read" it himself.  I find him doing this almost everyday and most times if it's upside down, he flips it rightside up.  I love love love it when he picks a book, backs up to me, and plops down into my lap!

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'm excited to finally say we have a routine now.  Since Grace started prek, we have been trying to find a flexible routine and it just wasn't happening naturally.  To be honest...I'll say it...we have just been VERY (V.E.R.Y) out of sync in general, stemming from Shawn and me.  Well, finally, the other night, I sat down and wrote down a schedule.  It starts w' breakfast together and ends in supper followed by the kids having time with their daddy where he can give them hugs and tickles.  Also, during the day, it includes free play and guided play with mommy (which I love).  I like to teach the kids.  I should play with them more quite honestly, but it doesn't come as natural to me...but the teaching part does and I really, really enjoy it.  I have confidence (faith) that because I've approached it with faith, God will honor it.  I am so ready to be in sync and get our family back in line with God's will!!!  I have been so short-fused.  My kids and husband suffer when I blow a fuse.  Not good!  Shawn is trying, too.  It is just taking us awhile to get back on the same page!  Marriage and parenting is hard work. 

Back to my baby boy:
It has taken me a little longer to learn Noah John's personality/temperament than Grace's.  He is every bit as independent and almost as strong-willed as his big sister.  But he is a bit more soft-hearted, maybe.  He is cute as a button with his curly hair and is a huge flirt.  Ladies often say, "I believe he is flirting with me."

I thank God for my little blessings and pray that I will use my time wisely.  I was just thinking today...I'm so glad I have this realization now when my kids are 1 and 4!  They are still little and I truly do appreciate my moments with them, even though lately it has been very hard for me to continue to be home full-time.  God's provisions are all that I care about and I believe HE alone will carry us through.  Please pray for us to have discernment and agreement regarding God's will for our family.   (THIS POST MAY BE DISJOINTED--SORRY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment