Monday, September 27, 2010

Frank Sinatra Said It Best

My kind of town, Chicago is my kind of town.

Shawn and I attended the wedding of my sorority sister and one of my many roommates, Sarah, this past weekend.  It was the first time in years that my 5 closest college friends and I have gotten together.  We have met up separately...but to meet all together...hasn't worked out in WAY too long.  I cannot remember not having these girls as my friends.  Similarly, I cannot imagine going that long again until we all converge.  They are my sweet soul sisters who understand ME and still like, no LOVE, me.  We had a wonderful time.  We did an architectural boat cruise, went to the Willis (formerly Sears) tower, and just had a good time being together.

It was great for Shawn and I to get away for the weekend in general.  We both like traveling and we're both partial to Chicago (although this was our first trip together).  We laughed a lot, talked a lot, and slept in...three things most of us moms and dads don't get a lot of right!?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment