Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Long Weekend in the Mountains!

We celebrated Grace's bday in the mountains (for the 2nd year in a row)!  Enjoy the pics!

Grace chose candy apples instead of a cake!  Original huh?
                   Happy Birthday Dear Gracie!  Nobody sings it like Nonna!


                      Grace's was extra-special (covered with sprinkles)!



                                  Time to open gifts...Chutes & Ladders!

                                                     Candy!

                        Ballerina Belle!  Perfect since G just began dance.

Thanks to my gracious parents, we had a nice family getaway.  I don't think there is a place I'd rather be than (anywhere!) under 1 roof with my parents, brother, his wife, and children, AND MINE TOO!!!  It's better than wrapping up in a comfy blanket on a cold night!  Better than hearing the heat kick on when I'm cold!  Or a hot bath on stressful night.  There is just something comforting about it.  At times, I really wish we could live like in the old days...all the family on the same land, with the grandparents rocking the babies, while the mommas cook!!!  I wanted to share some pictures from the trip, including some from Miss Gracie Bell's 4th bday 'party' at the cabin.  I cannot believe our firstborn is now 4 years old.  She is growing into a sweet little girl.  I love spending time with her on our "girls' nights" which is something we just started doing about a month ago.  Grace is super intelligent and is soaking up 'new stuff' at preschool.  She knows how to spell the words "CAT" and "BAT" and can write her name.  She is really doing well.  Her teacher told me she is doing wonderful and that she has acclimated extremely well.  They bragged on her for being the only student to know a nursery rhyme recently ;) and I have to admit it made me very happy also, to know that all that nursery rhyme reading and cd-listening paid off.  haha!  Anyway, there will possibly be more pictures later, as the princess :) will have a real party with her lil buddies NEXT weekend (Care Bears Theme...I let Grace do her first "online shopping" today when she picked it out, hehe)!

No comments:

Post a Comment