Monday, April 1, 2013

Running

Well it's been almost a month and in that time, I have conquered running.  I now run 13 miles without breaking a sweat.  April Fool's Day!  Obviously!  This is me when I run....Literally about a quarter mile in...I'm like a turtle trudging through peanut butter. In reality, I run 1 mile, walk two, and that is accomplishment for me!  Go me.  Slow but steady.  I no longer care as much about time as I do about getting a workout in.   
On the otherhand, I have gotten pretty decent at running the kids to school, back home, to church, back home, to the grocery, back home, and at times, to eat Mexican, back home (we don't have many restaurant options!)  My freezer cooking has paid off big- we eat at home most of the time now- except maybe once a week.  Everybody loves some chips and salsa right!? 
 
I am down 6 lbs now, unless I gained it all yesterday.  We hosted my husband's family for Easter and had a lot of great food.  After we ate, it was a "rock on the front porch kinda day".  My sis in law, mother in law, brother in law, and I visited and laughed as we watched the others in the yard/field.  The kids and their cousin and their granddad flew kites.  The older cousin zipped around them on a 4 wheeler.  I wish I had a picture of my hubby flying a kite while sitting on the back of the 4 wheeler.  That kite needed wind and country boys know how to make it happen!  It was a funny sight to see.  I would like to share pictures of the decorations from yesterday- I did a carrot theme and I thought it turned out cute.  I'm not creative so the ideas were some I got from pinterest the day before...it was all pretty simple and no fuss.  I don't have any pics on my phone and this isn't pinterest, so, moving on!
 
Easter was wonderful.  I helped teach kindergarten Sunday School and did resurrection eggs w/ the 7 kiddos there. 
 
So thankful for a very dear friend who gave me a set she bought on sale last year (said friend better never move, period, many of my closies have, and she may one day, and I say no now!).  I can't say enough about these- sharing them w/ my own babes, I almost cried.  When my hubby shared them w/ our babes again, he almost cried.  Go get some and be touched!  Hobby Lobby prob has them for $2-$3 right now!  If you have never heard of them (I hadn't until last year), each egg holds a piece of the story of Easter...the first egg holds a little donkey because Jesus rode into the city on a donkey.  One egg holds a miniature cross because Jesus carried the cross and was nailed on the cross, the last egg...EMPTY!  Because He AROSE!  The tomb?  Empty.  Our hearts?  Full.  1 Corinthians 15:4 "That he was buried, that he raised again on the 3rd day, according to the scriptures."  Jesus foretold this before it even happened, people.  Study it!  Amazing confirmation.  Promises, kept.  Life, eternal.  But at a huge price of pain, physical and emotional.  Thank you, Lord.   
 
After Sunday school, it was my Sunday to teach preschool worship, which I only do a couple times a year.  I enjoy it when I do, bc I get to work w/ my boy.  Both kids actually LOVE to have mommy as a teacher at church, and I am so happy about that!  My girl told me, "It makes me feel good when you teach me at church."  That's God!  :)  There were 15 kids in prek worship (including one
big helper, my girl, and she was truly a great helper!)  That is a lot of kids to contain but we did it!  We even did resurrection eggs w/ them too!  And we sang a lot of songs.  I wanted them to sit on the mat as long as I could hold them there.  Ha!
 
Late in the afternoon, the hubby and I drove to meet my folks so the kids could stay with them for a couple days.  I ate way too much for dinner last night- sugar, chips, dip, and felt downright icky afterward.  The couch was warm, the blanket soft, and I sat, starting at the treadmill, as I munched on junk food.  I got up this morning...regretting following my flesh...and jumped on the treadmill.  3 slow miles later, I feel a little better and am now...off to work.  I am thankful for parttime flexibility but I have been taking advantage of it the last couple months.  Time to get back in a routine! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment