Thursday, April 25, 2013

Shine On Father

What a beautiful, sunny day.  We enjoyed the sunshine and the warm temps - we were blessed enough to have a friend over to join in on the fun.  We flew kites, played a long time on the swing set, bottle fed our two baby kitties (Hank and Bobby), ran around the yard, and more!

Sun affects my disposition!  YAY SUNNINESS:)

I also have had two big blessings yesterday evening and one today!  Yesterday evening- hubby was able to stop work in time for chapel service.  We enjoyed 30 minutes of us time (running errands) after dropping big and little (our terms of endearment for our kiddos), then we slipped in the back of chapel and sat down.  The sermon was on point and about our church and how the church needs to meet needs of those in the community!  My hubby and I have been bothered lately about how "me" focused we have become about church and how we are a small picture of a greater truth within the church body (or people in general).  What will "we" get out of church?  What does the church have going on that "we" would like to do or that "we" think will benefit the kids?  Is the time at a time that inconveniences us or will "we" be put out because of the timing of this or that?  Do "we" agree with everything, and on, and on.  We see that our church represents a teeny tiny percentage of the population in our little town...making the doors too narrow for newcomers to feel welcome!  And that is NOT what any of us want!  Hubby stayed after and talked to the pastor about this and other related things...a door of oppourtunity that opened and we didn't even plan for it.  Our hearts are ready.  Our hands are ready.  We hope and pray for a change!  Starting with US!  (& now I'm nervous at what this may mean but really, church is a place to learn and grow and love and SERVE not get and take and be served!)

And today...after my post about satan being tricky and appealing so that he gains more ground "under the radar"...my hubby cut off several of our TV channels.  The blessing though?  He hadn't even read my post and he didn't know how burdened I've been lately about tv!  That, my friends, is God at work, convicting hubby and wife, who are trying to stay true to The Lord in a world that says, "NAH!  It's all ok."  Thankful for God's devotion to us - I'm seeing rays of sun as I type.  They streak across my keyboard and fall across my hands.  Thank you Father for shining on.  You're worth every worldly sacrifice!

Psalm 84:10 "Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere."

Numbers 6:25 "May the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you."  Or another translation...."May the Lord smile upon you...."

*emphasis mine

No comments:

Post a Comment