Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Son is 2!

Our sweet Noah John is 2. He was born weighing 8 lbs, 8 oz and was 20 inches long. He was born 3 days before my due date and 2 days before the csection was scheduled. My dr let me labor with him to try to avoid the surgery. After an hour of pushing and 13 hours after my water broke (in the same spot as it did with Grace!), I was wheeled to surgery. When I first saw him, I said through tears, "I'm so happy to finally meet you." (I was a tad loopy/sleep-deprived and just happy-emotional). Anyway, he smiled at me. I know that is hard to believe but he grinned. (My delivery nurse told me a couple years ago that I laughed out loud after I was delivered!) Back to Noah John's big boy accomplishments: He now speaks in full-on sentences, can count to 10 and recognizes that items are numbered...example "How many birds do you see?" NJ: "3".) He can repeat anything, loves to laugh at and make others laugh, has a will of IRON (which makes me wish parenting came with an instruction book), likes tv (he started out saying, "I una hotch pb" which is now "I want to watch tv.") His favorite movie is Alvin & The Chipmunks and Yogi Bear ("Wogi Beaw"). He likes tractors (imagine that) and trains. His bday party will be Thomas the Tank Engine. :) He also loves animals, like his vet-aunt, I tend to think. He likes sweets, french fries, chips, goldfish crackers, and by far, his favorite snack is pretzels. For example, Grace asks for apples as a side; NJ asks for pwench pwies. His favorite vegetable is tomato and his favorite fruit is banana. He loves to drink milk and juice (*watered down) and has figured out that when I go to the fridge door and push the button on the front, he is getting water (to which he complains sometimes but when he gets really thirsty, he stops!) I limit the kids' sugar intake/junk intake but I don't prohibit sweets and snacks entirely. He is the most active child I have ever seen. He runs everywhere, climbs everything, loves to be outside no matter the weather, and is a bit accident prone (which REALLY stresses me out!) He has a head full of dark brown hair with lot of natural body and a good amount of curls. He has bright blue eyes and long lashes. One of his most endearing traits to me is that when he gets shy, he diverts his big eyes up and over and rolls his tongue around in his mouth, turns it sideways, and sticks it out. It makes him look uncomfortable and embarrassed. It's really cute. Maybe I can catch it on video sometime :). He and Grace have just started fighting over toys, etc. He is determined to keep his toys but any time I intervene and ask if Grace can see it (or have her ask him), he always obliges. He likes playing in the sandbox, in the yard sprinkler, and the swimming pool. He has little to no fear, which again, greatly stresses me. He constantly has bumps and bruises and they barely slow him down at all. He is all boy! And he is so loved and cherished!

2 comments: