Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Anchor Holds

My dear friend Beth had a baby on May 10.  Six days later, the baby who was presumed to be healthy prior to this, was flown to Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville.  I really can't express what all my friend Beth has gone through in the last few weeks, as well as her husband and 3 year old.  In 5 weeks, the sweet baby has been put on life support, on a ventilator, had open heart surgery, a throat operation, and is now awaiting a trach.  She weighs a pound less now than she did at birth because her little body is working so hard to breath that she is burning all her calories and not thriving.  Their trial--the baby's fight for life--has impacted so many people in such a positive way.  I am one of those people.  I have been so moved-so touched-so reminded-of the blessings in my life and reminded that, really, our life is not our own.  We are NOT in control, ultimately (hard to admit for a control freak like me!)  I will say .... I truly am changed.  About a week ago, I wrote my friend a letter.  I enclosed the lyrics to "The Anchor Holds."  I am happy to say that the last couple days, the little one has rallied again and is doing better.  Although she is better, she needs prayers as she still has so very many issues such as feeding, an impending operation, etc.  God deserves our praise.  She is a miracle child and I firmly believe this has happened for a reason and that He is already glorified.  Also, I'm amazed at the outpouring of love and support my friends have experienced.  People have been so kind, loving, and faithful to believe...those parts have been refreshing.  My friend has sure changed through all of this...she knows the anchor, our Christ, HOLDS.  Amen!  See the clip below.

No comments:

Post a Comment