Monday, June 7, 2010

7 years on June 7

Shawn and I were married seven years on June 7th.  Four years ago on this date, we found out we were expecting a baby girl.  And my due date for Noah John was technically June 7.  We like June.  And we like the 7th.  What we don't mutually like, though, is The Raven.  Two days before our anniversary, we went to Holiday World.  We were supposed to be chaperones but because it was our anniversary weekend, we didn't have to chaperone anyone and got to spend the day acting like kids!  (As it turns out, we needed a chaperone!)  I'm grinning from ear to ear!  We had such fun!  However, it started out rough!  The very first thing we did was get in line for The Raven, a wooden roller coaster.  The man infront of us said it wasn't bad.  I don't know what alien ship dropped him, but afterward, I wanted to find him, shake his shoulders and say, "It was bad!"  LOL  I checked the stats and the first drop was 85 feet.  I don't like falling 3 feet and I definitely don't like dropping 85 feet (followed shortly by 60 feet).  Laughing.  The mere THOUGHT of Shawn yelling during it makes me giggle!  I hadn't ridden anything aside from a merry-go-round in 20 years.  I think the last time I rode something so ridiculous, I was a 6th grader and on a church trip to Kings Island.  Anyway, despite Shawn's screaming, I didn't make a sound on The Raven.  I honestly don't think I could have squeezed out a sound if I had to.  I only opened my eyes once or twice.  When the ride jolted to a stop, I was both glad and confused.  Why would an intelligent person subject him/herself to that?  Both physically and mentally, it wasn't good.  My brain hurt until the next morning.  Suffice it to say, I don't plan to do that again!  But the things we do for love right?  It was our anniversary weekend and we were there sans kids...I had to do what I couldn't do with them there.  I told Shawn afterward, it's not that I'm too scared (I've had two children).  It's that I'm too smart.  I know that is not good for your body or brain.  Shawn told me the next day that he had fun with me (What!  Amidst my gasps when we go 'round curves in the van, he forgot I could live dangerously!?  How!? :)  Seriously, though, we had a great time, had a great meal at Biaggi's later, spent the night in Evansville  (slept nearly 12 hours), woke up refreshed (brainache gone) and came home to greet a cranky 3 1/2 year old and a sleeping 1 year old.  Mom and dad left within 30 minutes.  Haha.  You'd think they had just ridden a roller coaster or something.  My two blessings are a thrill a minute which is a nice way of saying high-maintenance.  Aha!  THAT is why I don't need to physically climb on board a roller coaster...I have two right here in my own house.  http://www.holidayworld.com/rides/raven  
The next time we go somewhere like that, look for me at the wave pool.  That will provide all the adrenaline rush I need.  There or the local spa.  Speaking of, I better go make my facial appointment.  Just a thought~wonder if Shawn might join me?  Fair's fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment