Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On-line class

I started an online course last week!  After about 5 hours of studying, I am allllllmost finished w/ the reading/homework for tonight's chat session.  Is it bad that I only want a B?  I don't think so...I just want the class to be behind me.  I'm taking it to keep my teaching certificate.  After 2 years of thinking and praying, I chose to get an endorsement in Reading and Writing, so I'm in a grad program for it.  I finished my M.Ed. EIGHT years ago...sheesh.  Where did time go!?  (Oh yeah, work/dating/work/marriage/work/babies/work at home mom).  Lucky for me, the way it worked out this week, Shawn's mom has had Grace since 8 this morning and has offered to keep her til later this evening (7ish) when Shawn can bring her home.  Good thing, because I am not sure that having her here during the class (sans Shawn) would work out well for either of us!  (Shawn is going to the funeral home for a friend's dad's visitation).  Will any of you reading this pray for the Tapp family?  They lost Mr. Tapp after a pretty short battle with cancer. 

I started Weight Watchers nearly 3 weeks ago.  I have lost about 9 lbs, which means I'm allllllllmost halfway to my goal weight (which I won't tell!!! lol)  I'm actually already back into some pants that have been too small for awhile.  Grace woke up throwing up Sunday morning, so we kept her home.  I took the opportunity to clean out my side of the closet and I got rid of some of my "fat clothes" and it felt good.  I have fluctuated in weight the last 7 years and it's gotten OLD...that extra 20-25 lbs means I can't wear the sizes I should...but I'm on my way back and I'm glad!   Back to Grace...the virus was short-lived, thank God, and she was better, despite an afternoon high temp, by 9 pm Sunday night.  So far, Noah John hasn't gotten it, and neither have Shawn and me.

I'm planning to go into work tomorrow for about 2 hours, get my bangs trimmed, brows waxed, and take NJ to the dr...then come home and pack for Monticello!  Hopefully NJ's appt will go well and we'll leave for Monticello either Thursday or Friday...it will be the first time staying in my parents' cabin!  They have only been there themselves a few nights.  They call it little house on the prairie...I told them no worries, Laura Ingalls Wilder (um, me) will be home soon.  We are in our own little world and we like it there.  HA!!!  Anyway, the purpose of the trip is to meet my new nephew and introduce him to his bff Noah John!  ;p

Well, during my blog break from studying, Noah John has gotten up from his nap...he does what we call the "Morning 45" (45-min. nap) and sometimes, an "Afternoon 45."  He sleeps like a champ at night so I guess he just needs less sleep during the day.  I won't complain!  But I do well remember that his sister slept well at night AND for hours during the day.  But I won't compare!  LOL.

I read a quote recently that I will close with, "When all is said and done, A LOT is said and little is done."  I pray that I am a doer, not just a sayer.  God's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment