Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My new nephew

Welcome to the world Clark Robert Phillips!  Today, my brother and his wife welcomed their third child and first son!  I can hardly wait to go see him.  I have only seen a picture sent via cell phone so far.  I think it will be about 2 weeks before we can get there.  Grace told me she is sad because she wants to go see Aunt Amanda's baby.  I am really, really tickled that he and Noah John are so close (7 mos) in age.  When they found out they were having a boy, I was relieved that Noah John would have a playmate!  Thank you God, for healthy baby.

Sheesh, today was not a fun one.  Grace woke up super cranky.  She cried and whined and argued for the better part of 2 hours this morning.  It ended with a meltdown over bacon.  Yes, bacon.  She dramatically stated that I told her I was making sausage, not bacon.  (And I mean dramatically)  I really lost my temper.  She got a spanking.  I felt guilty.  We left for a playdate with her new little friend Emma.  I still felt guilty.  I wish I could always handle tantrums well!  Unfortunately, sometimes I have one too!  By the time her dad got home at 6, we had eaten yummy Chicken Maribella, NJ had his bath, but G was still in the tub.........Shawn washed her and put her to bed because I told him I was at the end of my rope.  And I really was.  I hope tomorrow is better, for both of us.  One strong-willed mom+one strong-willed toddler=exasperation.  Somebody pray. 

Other than that, the past week has been so awesome.  We had lunch with friends on New Year's Eve, Shawn took Grace to the movies on New Yr's Day, and we have just really enjoyed spending time together as a family.  I always like this time of year best, because of Christmas :), my bday (January 7!), and because Shawn works fewer hours for a couple months.  It is wonderful to have him home by 6 vs. 8!  This is a new goal we have set:  that he will be home more times than not at 6 no matter the season!!!  It makes a huge difference when he's home at 6, because the kids are still awake and we can do supper together as a family and play a game, etc.  HUGE difference!

We are supposed to go to Lexington to an Ag dinner and watch the CATS play on Saturday.  The weather channel says it's supposed to snow on my birthday (Thursday) which I'm excited about (love snow) but I hope it doesn't alter our trip to Lex plans!  It's become an annual thing (UK ball tix for my bday....Lexington brings back such great memories for me).

2 comments:

  1. Happy 33rd Birthday Shannon!! Have a great time at the game! My husband is so jealous.....

    ReplyDelete