Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crying

I have a cute story about Grace and her baby brother.  Yesterday, Noah John got really upset right before supper.  I had to cut supper plans short (i.e. not make the homemade pizza til today).  Even though I was trying hard to finish up in the kitchen so I could pick up my screaming baby, I didn't do so fast enough!  I heard Grace say this to him..."Oh, your life is so hard."  What a mess!  Granted she has heard her daddy say that to her.  But still!  Also, today, when I was finally making the pizza, he got upset again!  I wish I could adequately describe how she nurtures him.  It amazes me beyond words!  How can a 3 year old know to do that, and so well?   Today it went something like this:  "shhh, shh, shh, John John, it's ok.  Calm down.  Don't be upset."  (NJ absolutely bawling)  She climbed back up on her stool, trying to continue to help me with the pizza.  Without my prompting, she jumped down and got his sippy cup out of the fridge, took it to him, proceeded to try to sing him to a state of tranquility (it worked for about 15 seconds).  Speaking of him, he's awake now, and I need to feed him!  Cutting this short!

No comments:

Post a Comment