Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Noah John at 6 months old


It is hard to believe that Noah John is already 6 mos old.  If I thought time flew with Grace, well it goes by in a WHIRRRRRR now.  The good thing about having a second child is that I do know this though...I know that babies go through phases and stages...and not to waste lots of time worrying over the sleepless nights or the endless thumb sucking...because before I know it, that stage is gone and another is entered into.  Noah John is a good baby, by any standard.  Recently, Shawn gave him the biggest compliment one could fathom.  Last Friday night, the two of us took Noah John to dinner and Christmas shopping (Evansville).  Bless his heart.  For the first time since his birth, he had his daddy and me all to himself!  (Grace went to The Nutcracker Ballet with Shawn's parents).  Anyway, while we were having dinner, shopping, then driving home, Noah John was so easy.  He never cried like you'd expect a 6 month old to do.  He was just very pleasant...and other than the fact that we had to haul his heavy carrier around :), he was no trouble at all.  So, Shawn said, "I wish there was two of him."  I said I liked having my boy and girl.  He said, "Oh, definitely I like having a girl and a boy...."  I said, "You mean you wish he had been twins?"  He said yes.  Isn't that a great compliment?  I don't think I can describe here, or anyway, how my heart has changed since having my children.  They are wonderful blessings and I am reminded of that daily.  God has a plan.  He has a purpose.  For all of us.  Even for the least of these.  Last night, I stumbled out of bed and prayed for each of my children.  Neither woke...they just slept peacefully...near to the heart of God I'm sure.  I want them to always know that prayers have always followed and encircled them, since before they were born.  This world is not always easy, but God is always there.  So, as I celebrate Noah John's 6 month birthday :), I thank God for giving him to me to parent.  As far as what he's doing right now...starting to crawl a bit, saying Momma, Da Da (a loooot), and eating!  Boy loves some rice cereal...and all his other babyfood too.  He weighed 18 lbs, 2 oz at his check up today.  That's what he weighed 2 months ago, so I have to take him back for a weight check in 6 weeks.  The pediatrician said she thinks that he is just leveling off though.  He is still nursing every 3-4 hours and still sleeps at least 8 hours at night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment