Saturday, December 5, 2009

MOPS Christmas Float


This year, the MOPS group I'm in decided what better way to advertise than to have a float in the Christmas parade.  What we also inadvertently decided (ha!) was we would see just how cold we could get and the low temperatures we would expose our little ones to.  It was fr-eezing.  I have to say, I have some great MOPS friends.  They handed out 500 flyers that night.  5-0-0.  Wow :).  If that doesn't get the word out there, what will!?  (Quoting Brooke, friend/coordinator) (I had an injured ankle so I was in the back of the truck, without Grace might I add!  The firetrucks scared her so she got in the truck cab before it even started!  Typical! My idea to do this and my kids are either a) way too little to be out in frigid temps or b) too scared by all the commotion to sit snugly in my lap and enjoy! Sigh!)  My favorite part of the Christmas parade was actually the decorating part before it started.  I had a great time chatting while working on the float.  This last pic show Grace's dissatisfaction at being stuck in the back of the truck while we loaded the other kids onto the float.

No comments:

Post a Comment