Friday, November 13, 2009

Indian Summer

I can't believe the weather we've been having. Nice! Dad told me it's called an Indian Summer when the weather is nice and warm this late. I took advantage of it and took the kids to the park today. Plus, I took the opportunity while everyone is mostly well.... Noah John got to swing for the first time. I wish I had my camera there! He looked so small in the swing, which is so unusual b'c at 18.8 lbs, he is such a big baby! I can hardly believe he's a little over 5 mos old. I love love love this stage. Tonight, while Grace finished supper, he sat really still and let me hold and rock him for a little over an hour! I tried to video tape him sitting up the other day. I'll see if I can get that attached.
My mom (Nonna) came last week and stayed 5 days. It was good to have her here to help. Grace was heartbroken when mom left. The next morning, she walked out of her room and headed to "Nonna's/Noah's room" like she always does when mom's here. I called to her from where I was nursing Noah John and reminded her that Nonna had left. Instantly, her little lip quivered and she softly cried. She told me she wanted to live where Nonna lives. That is one of the hardest things about not being close enough to see my parents, brother and his family every week. Luckily we are heading there in a few days to celebrate Thanksgiving early. As usual, several of my aunts and uncles and cousins will be there. It should be fun. I can't wait to see everyone, and to show off our newest addition.
Noah John has almost recuperated from his chest cold! Thank you mom (who stood in the sauna/shower with him many times!) Now he just has an occasional cough. I guess it's Grace's turn now! For about the last week, she's said she can't hear us. I took her to the dr Wed. who then referred us to Audiology. There we learned that she has fluid in her ears but that her hearing is not affected (yeah right). Nonetheless, she is now on an antihistamine to help her ears drain. She keeps saying she has fluid in her ears! Ha. I'm glad to know that there is a reason she has been acting like a 3 yr old going on 16! So moody and irritable! I KNEW something was off with her. So glad I trusted my instinct (and listened to mom who pointed out that she kept saying "What?") The store has been a little slow the last couple weeks. It's deco'd for Christmas now and looks really nice. After 4 mos of figuring it out, I have decided that my heart's desire remains to be a stay-at-home mom. I want to contribute and be involved but to a lesser degree. I hope everyone understands! I'll wait and talk about that with the family after Thanksgiving....too much going on right now.
Well I better close and try to act halfway interested in GI Joe (I am NOT into action movies...see my profile, lol). :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment