Tuesday, February 26, 2013

John 14 blows me away

Did you know that John 14:23 says:

Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching.  My father will love them, and we will come to them, and make our home with them."

How wonderful is THAT?  Beyond wonderful it is!  I need God to make a home in my home, because without Him, there is a lack of peace and my earthly haven is all but.   And not just that, there's an opposing force at work if God is not IN my home/making a home WITH US.  God has revealed this truth to me today, via my mom suggesting I read John 14.  It is a wonderful passage full of truth, hope, peace, favor, love, kindness, patience, gentless, and more truth.  Truth that seems too good to be true but it isn't.  Truth that when we obey Jesus' teaching, God will love us, and the Father/Son will COME TO US.  Oh dear Lord, I pray to be more obedient to Jesus' teaching.

God, dwell among us, dwell with us, in our home. 

I feel like a weight has been lifted.  I've been trying so hard and crashing in a pile of defeat.  It's not been enough to get the kids bathed, fed, and off to school.  It will never be enough.  It is not about the here and now ... it's about Christ leading us all home.  Where the streets are gold.  Not silver.  I pray fervently that I do not choose silver streets....ever ever ever again.  Yet if I do, I believe I will recognize the silver as a lesser good now.  Because, sometimes, see, I settle for silver.  Silver afterall, is cheaper, pretty, and easier to obtain.  But it isn't God's best for us!!!

God, dwell among us, dwell with us, in our home.

I urge my few faithful readers to pull out your bible (I like NIV and NLT) and read John 14.  I've had head and heart knowledge of the Lord for many years, but never once did I understand that the Father/Son will COME TO ME AND MAKE HIS HOME WITH ME.  Now that I know he lives here (or will when I obey), I see the space differently.  It feels different.  It feels pure and bright and new.  Join me in pouring over this verse and claiming it. 

Please take a few minutes and listen to this beautiful song that speaks my heart.  May I never be like Judas.  "The saddest thing I know of is when God's children turn away from the grace that they've been given,  just like Judas did that day.  There was forgiveness, but he chose silver over streets of gold.  But still, Jesus loved him, and would have saved his troubled soul.  All he had to do was ask, but that's what Judas didn't know."

What Judas Didn't Know

& this beautiful singer and her family have a website here.  I think she sounds a lot like Dolly, and this country girl in me likes some Dolly!

Love you all!  Happy listening!




No comments:

Post a Comment