Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fits and Fights

Ugh.  Sigh.  Prayer.  (Frantic book searches running through my mind...I land on...um, nothing...argh...I will have to get to Barnes & Nobles sooner than I thought!)

The kids have started fighting.  Add on Noah's new fits.  I say "new", because I truly believe it is a learned thing for him and not really who he is.  (Eyes rolling, another prayer, holding my tongue from saying where he learned it).

Handling 1 strong-willed child is enough.  But 2?  No, I say! 

It has been chaotic around here lately.  Between the kids fighting over a toy and high-pitched screams (from either), it is only quiet at bedtime or naptime.  And naptimes are harder than they used to be.  One child is always crying, whining, screaming, or laughing...one of the 4 but they all have the same effect on me and on each other...annoying droning that interrupts sleep.  No, I say! 

I have to find a balance--force a balance.  This family is spinning on the crazy-cycle.  I'll update later, when we are spun out and back to normal.

I won't end there...too much to be thankful for!
Good stuff is we are all healthy.  Can't say enough for that.  We had the stomach bug last week.  It started w/ Noah.  We were afraid he had a concussion b'c he fell prior to throwing up.  Grace had it next.  Then me, then Shawn, then me again.  It wasn't fun but it was a mild case for all 4 of us.  More good stuff is Grace's teacher gave her glowing compliments when I picked her up Friday.  When I showed Grace her sight word list later on in the afternoon, she read every word without any prompting.  I'm so happy that she is a fast learner.  I hope she keeps a love of learning her whole life through.  I try to facilitate it for her now.  We do better when we are 'into' something around the house....  For ex, when she turned 4, we picked a unit to study for a year:  food.  Categories are food guide pyramid, where food comes from, measurements & recipes.  Today we baked pb cookies...did a mini-lesson on measurements.  She doesn't get much more than 1 cup and 1/2 cup fractions yet.  We scarfed them down w' cold milk for lunch.  'Cuz that is what kind of day we are having!  And now she is watching tv and I am plunking out this post.  Noah has been asleep for 2 hours.

We are supposed to leave for M'cello Wednesday.  Grace and I are supposed to sing on Sunday, 11/21.  The song is a Southern Gospel song so I am a tiny bit nervous about the particular selection, because my church back-home is like the one we attend here (traditional!) but when Grace lights up, "MOMMA!  OUR SONG!"  I know that it's the one for us to sing.  It's a hard one for a 4 year old...the timing is fast and there is a key switch.  She will do great though;  I'm sure of it.  I am looking forward to being 'home' but hope we all sleep ok.  Now that mom and dad have down-sized, there isn't as much room to spread out.  We might end up at Robert's w' him and his wife and 3 sweeties.  We're looking forward to getting in mom and dad's new hot tub.  November is perfect hot-tub weather.

Well, I think I have kept you readers for long enough.  Happy Thanksgiving.  Let us all realize our many, many blessings and not take them for granted.  Thank you God for Shawn, for his work ethic, for his devotion, for my children, our home...for all the things you provide for us daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment