Thursday, October 7, 2010

Now

Thank you God, for NOW.  For Today.  For this very Second.  Charles Stanley said (paraphrased), "When will people start living in the now?  We often hear people say, 'when I get this finished, then I'm going to .....' and the list goes on and on.  I need reminded to live and be thankful for now.  My 16 month old and just-turned-4 year old.  For Shawn's work schedule slowing some.  For my parents and their generosity (our Smokies Trip), for my brother, his fun wife Amanda, and their children.  For all of us under one cabin in the mountains.  I do cherish the moments I have with my nieces and nephew, but it seems with my 'own' kids, my jar full of patience often runs loooow.  How is it that the very ones I would die for get the least amount of my patience (some days).  They deserve my best because they were yours before mine!  What sweet gifts from above, with curls and bright eyes!  I love you, God, because you love them more than me.  Thank you for NOW!!!!

God, I lift up my friends Craig and Michelle, and their three little girls (including a newborn).  You know of Craig's very recent health situation.  Into Your hands...may they all 5 find peace and a miracle.   

No comments:

Post a Comment