Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where have you been for so long Lexington?

The last weekend in March, the kids, mom, and I went to Lexington for an annual Farm Bureau Women's Meeting.  When we arrived, the tour buses were loading to head out to the Kentucky Horse Park...we quickly checked in, got in the caravan, and headed out.  We had lunch there and got to hear some live bluegrass-the band was wonderful-then we were off.  Grace got to ride in a big tour bus w/ mom while Noah John and I followed behind in the van. 










It was a crisp beautiful spring day.  (Sidenote:  On our second visit there, mom put Noah John down in the grass for the first time and he didn't really care for it!  I find this funny since we are sod farmers.  :)

Nonna and Noah

Anyway, the weekend trip to Lex was packed with lots of fun, although I'll admit it was very, very tiring and I will probably not travel like that w/ the kids for quiet some time.  On Saturday, after I attended a workshop, Grace and I rushed off to Rupp at the last minute to catch Disney on Ice.
As you can see it would not have been complete without cotton candy....ha ha.  Good thing nobody took a pic of me downing a personal pan huh!  Anyway, we ended up with wonderful seats and at a fraction of the cost, about 12 rows from the bottom, center stage.  Sunday a.m. before daylight, I was up and walking in the rain to meet a friend to do a 5k (did I mention it was raining and before daylight?  this whole weight loss thing requires entirely too much work, lol) 





We even squeezed in a trip to Delta Gamma, where I lived for 2 years and made some wonderful memories.  Grace and I had our picture taken at the anchor, which was way cool and brought back mannnny fond memories for me.  In so many ways, I had the quintessential Kentucky college experience...great times, made lifelong friends, a little learning, a #1 university, BASKETBALL games (I'm a blue blooded Kentuckian!), horse races (Keeneland), and oh, oops!  I met Shawn there! :)  Can you sense how happy I felt in this photo?











The trip to Lex was tiring, but worth it.  My mom should get some sort of medal for all the ways she travels to help me.  In the end, though, I think she enjoys the helping-out ;D.  Grace even gets free lessons...yep in the hotel room strummin' away!  Kentucky born and bred, to the bone.


No comments:

Post a Comment