Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Maaaaay

When I verbally say the month we're finally in, I can't help but say it as I exhale...because this past winter turned into spring then back into winter 2-3 times before spring finally STUCK here.  But now it's Maaaaay and in the south, that means, no freakish turning of the temps now.  (Right?!)  Also, praise God, we got through the spring season with only 1 or 2 major storms.  Equally noteworthy is the fact that I slept through both of them, and woke up in the wee hours to find texts from friends checking on me because  a) they know that, historically, I freak in storms and b) the threats were for my specific little community.  It meant a lot to me that friends checked on me!  It means they love me!  hehe  

After those April showers came my flowers...first my tulips and now my irises!  I can smell them from my side porch and the scent lifts my mood instantly.  You can't tell in the picture but the bloom is huge.  It's bigger than my hand.  I think it's a mutant.  haha No really, it did mutate.  I had planted purple irises and white irises side by side.  They mixed and now they're not only a very pale lavender color, but they're also bigger.  They make me so happy!  The added perk to their blooming now is the fact that I have company coming to visit tomorrow and they will be welcomed by them too.  Yay for Southern hospitality in the way of a God-sent flower.

Maaaaaay





No comments:

Post a Comment