Friday, April 8, 2011

1 full week and Easter in Monticello

After spending a whole week in Monticello, the kids and I got back to Western Kentucky yesterday evening. We were ready to be home. I think my parents were ready for us to leave, haha. I hadn't been "home" for a whole week since before I had Grace (4.5 years). The trip started with a cheerleading competition in Gatlinburg. My nieces, Callie and Isabelle, competed. They did a great job!
(I know I'm partial, but aren't they beautiful?)
The best part was getting to spend time w' them and my brother and his wife Amanda. NJ stayed with my parents while Clark stayed with Amanda's mom. I always cherish one on one time with my kids, and as Grace gets older, I love it even more. She and I had some fun conversations about cheerleading ("not going to happen" she told me!!! Too funny...she said this bc we told her she would probably be the one to climb the pyramid bc she is so thin!) The next day mom and dad kept both the little boys until we got home. At just 7 mos apart, those two keep you on your toes! I know my parents were worn out by the time we returned!





We celebrated Easter early, complete with church service together, lunch at my parents, and then an egg hunt. We wish Shawn could have joined
:( for it but he is into his "busy" season and we are just happy and grateful for work picking up some speed. NJ quickly figured out the goal was to collect lots of eggs. He was cute and had a basketfull of soccer ball, basketball, baseball and football "eggs".
Grace enjoyed it too, as you can see in the picture of her running so fast to get to the eggs before Isabelle got them all (her words, lol).
This was the first year that Callie did not hunt eggs. She was the first grandchild and she is growing up so fast. At least she is doing so graciously (so polite, sweet) that it makes it not so hard! Hopefully her middle and high school years will be that way as well!!! Anyway, she helped hide eggs this year, then she helped the 4 little ones find them. Everyone gorged on reese peanut butter cups after the hunt, myself included (and I have 7 lbs to prove it, ugh).

I love the top one, when I caught the kids totally "in action."

Noah John got to spend a lot of time with my dad and his favorite thing ever ever ever was to feed the horses. He has a favorite-a black Tennesee Walker named "Java." Java is the tallest, biggest horse dad has which is possibly why NJ likes him best. Noah asked at least 3 times a day to go see the horses and most of the times he asked, dad would take him back out to the barn. As dad says I think Noah would stay outside round the clock if we would let him. This picture is early one morning, taken through the screen door. They were headed out to feed.
Talk about a little one who really, really likes being outside. Grace appreciates it and goes out any chance she can (except for when it's too cold). Noah LONGS for it. My goal is to nurture whatever natural disposition my kids have...and by that all I mean is to encourage their God-given gifts,talents,interests,etc. I am not one of these moms who thinks my son has to farm,hunt,fish,etc just because we live on a farm etc etc. I am all about education, lots of exposures to different things (arts, music, etc)... yet the funny thing is at this point it seems Noah is inclined towards outdoorsy stuff by his own choosing. This past year we have watched him truly blossom into a little boy! It is just hard to believe that just 2 years ago, I was expecting this sweet little one who has stolen my heart from the very start. Not to mention caused a few gray hairs to sprout, FOR SURE!!! Between falls, we have barely had time to quit worrying over him! As the old saying goes..."he is ALL boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment