Saturday, July 17, 2010

KIDSWAP

As I type, the little one who made me an aunt for the very first time and who was the first baby in our family is lying on the couch beside me :) .  She is 9 now and I can't believe how fast time has flown by.  I vividly recall her being a little one...her 3rd year is the one I recall most vividly because that is the year that I lived in Monticello and commuted to teach in Somerset.  It was a great year; I got engaged that year as well.  I lived w/ my parents that year as well.  I appreciated our moments and time that year so much...  Irony:  I read once that people spend 18 years tryin' to get away from home & the rest of their lives trying to get back. Yep, I agree.  So...my sweet Callie Paige who is here hanging out with me for 3 days...she was itching to get away and come stay with me (which makes me feel loved-so glad for our relationship-we even wore Best Friend charms today, hehe-makes my heart smile so big)...It's wonderful to have her here...we have had lots of fun conversations (9 is the new 13 apparently), listened to some teeny-bop music *Justin Bieber no doubt*, laughed lots, survived a 'diaper explosion' episode, and best of all, SHOPPED together *Claire's* for one!  I just wanted to note right here and now...there is nothing (N.O.T.H.I.N.G.) I would trade for moments w/ family...no amount of money, no travel destination, nuttin'.  I recognize I'm blessed and I praise the BLESSER.  On the list of things to do this week:  let this tween-ager know how special and unique she is to me and that God made her juuuuust right (middle school is too close for comfort-I want her to know she's a child of the King beforehand). (I love you Callie---she wants to know what a blog is and is getting ready to read this ;o).

PS  Grace is at my brother/Amanda's.  Robert and I met at Fazoli's in BG ... had a nice (fast) meal and split ways....  Shawn is @ KY Lake for the night...so tonight it's just the two of us veggin out, since little babies go to bed EARLY!

1 comment: