Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Let your hair down!

Sometimes I just need to let my hair down!!!  Today I have done just that.  My oldest is out of school today for election day (I voted at 7am!)  We invited her new, sweet friend over (they met at kindergarten orientation!!!)  We baked cupcakes, made scratch icing, sprinkled everything to infinity and beyond, the girls made each other up (Grace gave her friend a blue unibrow, as you see! ;)  After our friends left, my kids basically dragged me outside from warmth comfort to cold, chilly, kiddy fun. We bundled up in sweatshirts and jackets and a blanky and climbed on the hay wagon, romped in the field, climbed into the "treehouse" aka top of the swingset, did the zipline a couple times, then finally came in only to have more cupcakes and another tea party (kool-aid)!  Now, it's tv-time while the dishes wait...and the sprinkles on the kitchen floor will sweep up just as easily in an hour than right this minute!!!  I'm declaring a whole day of letting my hair down...complete with pizza for dinner!!!  I should do this more often!!!  :) And the icing on the proverbial cupcake?  I don't have to work tomorrow either, which means if I want to leave the messy fun until tomorrow, I can (and probably will!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment