Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Big Conversation

Grace and I had a deep conversation yesterday about heaven and hell.  It started with three questions.
First:  "Momma, who makes people?"  (God). 
Second: "Momma, is hell real?"  (Yes).
Third:  "Why do people go to hell?"  (Through unbelief and unacceptance of Christ).

I think God gave me the words to clearly explain the story of creation, b'c when I started talking, it was as if each word made great sense to her.  I began answering the ?s by talking about Adam and Eve being the first humans on the earth to how they sinned when they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, to how we all sin now and how God sent his son (baby Jesus-Christmas!) to die for us on the cross, rise 3 days later, ascend into heaven with God to live in heaven until He comes back for Christians...and how Christians will then live forever in Heaven with God and Jesus.  It ended with how important it is that we love the Lord and share Him with others. 

"I do love God, Momma."

The sweetest words I have ever heard. 

"Faith like a child..."

No comments:

Post a Comment